Duplicate (copy) multiple courses at once?

Duplicate (copy) multiple courses at once?

by Adam Malesevic -
Number of replies: 5

Hello everyone,

is there an option to duplicate / copy multiple courses to another category at once? Or to duplicate a category that consists of courses?

We have school year as a category and need to duplicate courses for every new school year. I know that there is a copy option for each course, but we have 70 courses so it would be time-consuming to copy each course at a time, every new school year.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Adam Malesevic

Re: Duplicate (copy) multiple courses at once?

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
I use the upload courses feature - you just create a csv file and use the existing classes as a template. It works very well.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Emma Richardson

by Adam Malesevic -
Dear Emma, thank you for your answer! I didn't think of CSV so you have helped a lot! Still, there is one thing that bothers me - am I somehow able to upload course content (activities, resources) by using CSV or that is not possible this way? Now I know how can I export and import Course lists, but I have to duplicate their content (at once) also somehow.

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
You reference the course you want to copy as the template course and it will include all the activities, resources from that course.
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Emma Richardson

by Adam Malesevic -
Thank you very much Emma, I have finally managed to accomplish this with your kind help smile Cheers!

by Emma Richardson -
Excellent - it changed my life when I figured that out!! Saved me days of work.