Formula Questions, find value from distribution table

Re: Formula Questions, find value from distribution table

by Dominique Bauer -
Number of replies: 5
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Hello Dhanish,

If you have the Z-table values in arrays, just put them in the Global variables. See the attached XML file.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Dominique Bauer

by Dhanish P.B -
The difficulty is to make the array without any mistakes!
Have you made anything general for the "F distribution"? It is required for ANOVA problems. Currently I am managing with a restricted data set.
In reply to Dhanish P.B

by Dominique Bauer -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Can any of these functions help you: https://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.stats.php? If yes, which one(s)? Could you also provide a numerical example for verification.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by Dhanish P.B -
stats_cdf_f https://www.php.net/manual/en/function.stats-cdf-f.php is the relevant function. Is there any way to use these functions directly in a formula question? I would be interested in many more functions.

Anyway, if you have not already done it, I can generate the data from Excel or Minitab and create the array / formula question.

I see you have stored 801 values for the normal distribution array. How big an array is possible, without running into other problems?

Also, is it better to use the pick function to select a value from the array?
In reply to Dhanish P.B

by Dominique Bauer -
Is there any way to use these functions directly in a formula question?  Yes, if they are installed in the source code of the Formulas question.

How big an array is possible, without running into other problems?  I don't have a number, but you could easily do a test to find out.

Also, is it better to use the pick function to select a value from the array?  Maybe. Use whichever method works for you.

by Dhanish P.B -
Thank you for your reply.

> Yes, if they are installed in the source code of the Formulas question.
Could you give more details, or point to a link? Can it be done by Moodle teachers?