Student Quiz Letter Score in Email to Teacher

Student Quiz Letter Score in Email to Teacher

by Patrick Hallermann -
Number of replies: 2

Moodle 3.7.7, PHP 7.2, Shared Hosting

Hi All,

Thanks for reading.

I have a quiz that we use to test grammar proficiency. All questions are only MC or Cloze. Students get only 1 chance to do the quiz, once they submit their attempt, the quiz is closed for that student.

When the email notification gets sent out, I want their letter grade to be in the email to the teacher, so that the teacher does not have to log in and look at the report.

Has anyone achieved this? I understand many things can be added to the notification mail based on the official documentation (https://docs.moodle.org/310/en/Quiz_submission_email_notification), it's just the score that doesn't seem doable smile 

Is there anyone out there that has managed a simple method of emailing the student result to the teacher? 

Thanks, all. 

Pat

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Patrick Hallermann

Re: Student Quiz Letter Score in Email to Teacher

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
I'm sorry, Patrick, I do not have a solution for you.

However, your post made me think. Teachers need to log into their computers to read emails. And at my school, I am always logging into various systems when I teach. So "logging in" does not seem to be problematic. In fact, my browser makes it easy since it supports autofill. In a second, I am into my Moodle.

In my own case, I would rather see student grades all in one place. It would bother me if I got 50 emails whenever a student completed a task. Furthermore, by looking at a report, I get a much better sense of how students are doing than I would if I had to look at 50 emails.

That being said, I do understand the need for "notification" and even "over notification."  I am just thinking out loud and sharing some thoughts.

Perhaps someone else will have a good solution for you.
In reply to Rick Jerz

Re: Student Quiz Letter Score in Email to Teacher

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
And then come complaints about data protection: student grades transported as e-mail.
sad