Quiz access rule add settings form fields

Quiz access rule add settings form fields

by Jose Velazquez-Torres -
Number of replies: 2

Im trying to add form fields to the quiz settings form using the code shown in the following picture. When I go and check on the quizzes there is nothing new poping out on the quiz setting form. I have also try adding the elements to the $quizform and had the same issue. Could someone tell me what Im doing wrong? 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jose Velazquez-Torres

Re: Quiz access rule add settings form fields

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
As you are doing development, and testing things, do you have Debugging set to Developer level? You should, because that will give you helpful error messages when things go wrong.

You definitely should not be adding submit/cancel buttons to the form. The quiz form already has those.

Also, after creating your plugin, have you been to the Admin notification page in your site, to let Moodle recognise and install your plugin?
In reply to Tim Hunt

Re: Quiz access rule add settings form fields

by Jose Velazquez-Torres -
I had that form in a different page and try to change it to the quiz settings part and forgot to eliminate the buttons. Since the form was appearing in another page the plugin was installed at that point. Now when I try to change it to the quiz setting Im doing it in the same plugin file so its suppose to be installed already. Should I uninstall and install again the plugin?

Im new in the Moodle developer community and did not know about the debugging setting change that it needed to be done. Thanks for that information.