Automatic reminder to students to access assessment feedback

Automatic reminder to students to access assessment feedback

by Henry Mpomah -
Number of replies: 1

Students often don't access their feedback on assignments. They may miss the notification email telling them their grades have been released, or not get around to looking at their mark/feedback.  This is a requirement to set up an automatically generated e-mail which reminds students to look at their feedback if they haven't clicked to see it for 14 days after it was released. 

What is needed

• Write a routine which triggers a set number of days after the assessment has been submitted 
  • The routine should identify which students have not clicked to see their mark/feedback and send them an automatically generated email inviting them to look at their feedback
I would like to some guidance on how to approach this task!
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Henry Mpomah

Re: Automatic reminder to students to access assessment feedback

by Ravi Murugesan -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Hi Henry - One way to accomplish what you have in mind is a combination of the Re-engagement plugin and a Label.

The Re-engagement plugin allows you to set up an email reminder after a specified number of days. You can link the reminder to an activity using the 'target activity' option -- you can suppress the reminder if a particular target activity is completed. However, 'viewing feedback for an assignment' cannot be set as a target activity. Instead, what you can do is create a Label right under the Assignment on the course homepage; the Label could say something like 'I have read and understood the feedback I have received for the assignment', with a manual completion checkbox next to it. You can then set the Re-engagement activity to be linked to this Label as the target activity. If a student has not checked the box next to the Label after say 14 days, they would get an email alert.

I'd be curious to hear your feedback if you try this out.