Backup and Restore database content

Re: Backup and Restore database content

by Joost Elshoff -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
As C Behan already mentions, the following content of the following activities is only included if the student data is included in the backup file: Glossary, Wiki (I think), Database. This has to do with the fact that every entry a participant makes in these activities, is considered user-related data, and not course-related.

For Glossary, you'd have to export with XML, for Database, you'd have to use any of the export formats avaiable.
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Joost Elshoff

by Paul Raper -
Joost, that makes perfect sense now that you put it that way. @C Behan, I did try the Export route, but that didn't work either. The database comprises a whole bunch of files, PDF's etc which students are to use as a resource in the course. SInce these have been added by me, I guess the best way is to backup the course with the Users, me being the only one. I will then be restored to the new course, which I am enrolled into anyway. I'll give it a go and post my results.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Paul Raper

by Matthias Giger -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
Backup the database with the users and use the anonymize option. Than import the backup into the course of your choice. When importing you also have to include users and the option which best works for me is "manual inscription".
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Joost Elshoff

by Paul Raper -
Ok, That worked. As soon as I made a backup that included the users, anonymized or not, I could import the database with all the data in it. Brilliant! It makes perfect sense when you think about it, but it is interesting that the glossary functions in a different way.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)