Backup and Restore database content

Re: Backup and Restore database content

by Rick Jerz -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
What command are you using to backup your database, Paul?

And what method are you using to restore it?
In reply to Rick Jerz

by Paul Raper -
Ok, so what I think may have got confused here is that I am referring to the Activity Database, not the main Moodle database.

I have a course that has a database activity which has a lot of content. I copied the course from a template course I have, and then found that for some reason, the database activity content seemed to have gone, or not copied with the course. I was wondering whether there was a way to somehow transfer the content over, i.e. back up the database activity and then restore it into the new course. I worked out a way to do this with the Glossary activity, but I am struggling a bit here with this one. Any ideas?
In reply to Paul Raper

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

" ... copied the course from a template course ..."

This 'course template' ...  is it hidden course? With users? Without users?

One should be able to run a backup, selecting only the DB activity to backup and restore that backup to an existing course (would come into course using sections as the last section in the existing course to which one is restoring).

Theme?   Version of Moodle?

'SoS', Ken

In reply to Ken Task

by Paul Raper -
The course template has no users, but isn't hidden. There is a login key to keep users out.

I tried running the backup, but strangely got a database with no content: but there is content, I can browse it in the original course.