Examples of Moodle Installations that Look & Feel Polished

Examples of Moodle Installations that Look & Feel Polished

by Gretchen Smth -
Number of replies: 4
Can anyone please point me in the direction of some Moodle sites that I can take a look at that allow for students to purchase classes, self enroll and look "polished" and modern?  Everything I have ever seen looks like something created circa 1996.  And I don't want to be limited to having folks pay with PayPal.

We don't want to move forward with Moodle if we can't make self enrollment, payment and student class pages look and act like a site created in the last 3 years.  We are willing to hire someone to do it for us, but not if there are easier/better options out there for those who are focused on how something looks as well as modern/versatile function options.

Thanks so much!  Someone in our company started using Moodle a year ago but it's so darn clunky.  Advice much appreciated in terms of alternatives or programmers who could help us.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gretchen Smth

Re: Examples of Moodle Installations that Look & Feel Polished

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
The advanced search on the site helps you to find other similar discussions: https://moodle.org/mod/forum/search.php?id=5&forumid=29&subject=beautiful. As you can see from the search, the topic is called Themes and there is a dedicated forum for that topic https://moodle.org/mod/forum/view.php?id=46. Pl. refer the extensive collection of pointers in its header.

Well, it is a bit more complicated that that. There are 3rd party, some commercial, themes mixing in the picture. You ned to look for them outside. Of course you can write your own theme from scratch, modify an existing one or make a new theme from a copy of an existing theme.

Note: A complete overhaul of Moodle's UX is planned for its 4.x generation. May be that'll bridge the 3 year gap out of the box, that you are worried about.
;-D

Whatever, all that has nothing to do with Hardware and performance. You might want to request the moderator to move the discussion to the Themes forum.
In reply to Visvanath Ratnaweera

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Just moving to the Themes forum as suggested by Visvanath...
In reply to Gretchen Smth

by Chris Kenniburg -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
One of the best ways to sell courses is to use Wordpress for the initial upfront look and feel and then use a bridge to connect them to Moodle. One such plugin is the Edwiser Woocommerce integration where Moodle populates a Woocommerce Wordpress site and will sync both students and classes offered. https://edwiser.org/bridge/extensions/woocommerce-integration/

I would focus on using Wordpress/Woocommerce as your frontend business and promotional tool and let Moodle do what it does best with teaching and learning.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Chris Kenniburg

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
There is also Joomdle that does a similar thing with Joomla sites.