Help with creating Moodle 3.10+ structure

Help with creating Moodle 3.10+ structure

by Pat Fernandez -
Number of replies: 4

Very good, I have started to tinker with moodle because my company is in a project, I wanted to know if a structure like the following could be made:

1. Main company - Contains the main administrator and makes the general settings. Also create a specific company role. And one or more inspectors (who can only see the courses, teachers and students of the secondary company in which they are assigned).
  2. Secondary companies - These companies should be individual and cannot be seen by other students / teachers / inspectors from other secondary companies. Also that they can create professors, students or inspectors belonging to their company.

I have extensive knowledge in PHP and I have been configuring and touching some little thing at a low level, since the tool is immense and I was wondering if the described could be done, from what I have seen in forums etc these days is that moodle itself is not prepared for this, but you can '' do something similar '' with modules, cohorts and something like that.

I know I can create it if I touch code, but I am concerned about the time I should spend on it and the privacy of the different companies.

If any of you have done something similar or you can offer me help, I would be delighted to read you.

Regards and thank you very much in advance.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Pat Fernandez

Re: Help with creating Moodle 3.10+ structure

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hello. If possible I do suggest you look at Moodle Workplace because this does exactly what you need. See Moodle workplace on Moodle.com
Alternatively, explore Iomad, a product by our Scottish Moodle partner.
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Pat Fernandez -
Thanks for your answer, yesterday I was looking at iomad and I think it fits well with the approach we want to give so I will continue working with it and see how it is with it.
Thank you so much!
In reply to Pat Fernandez

by Giovanni Vosloo -
Hi Pat,

The information provided is basically explaining multitenancy and the standard Moodle is not perfect for it. AS Mary suggested, Moodle Workplace is the best option if you are allowed to use it. IF not, then you will need to set up multiple categories, sperate groups and many custom roles to try and come close tot he multitenancy structure, but it will never be 100%.

We even attempted multitenancy development for standard Moodle, but it involved too much work and time for the results.
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Giovanni Vosloo

by Pat Fernandez -
Yes I will see it with iomad for the moment smile
Thanks for your answer!