Formulas question: Marking of boxes with no entry

This forum post has been removed

Number of replies: 1
The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
In reply to Deleted user

Re: Formulas question: Marking of boxes with no entry

by Dominique Bauer -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hello Jonathan,

If you only have one part, you can set the quiz behaviour to "Interactive with multiple tries". This will force students to answer all questions before checking their answers.

On the other hand, if you have several parts and you have set the quiz behaviour to "Adaptive mode", precisely so that the students do not have to answer all the questions at the same time, this is not the desired solution.

I thought of a workaround but haven't tried it yet. It would be a matter of dividing the part into three parts. Since we cannot transfer variables from one part to another, we could get around the problem by copying the answers given by the students from one part to the other, the copies being obviously hidden. This would allow a grading criterion to be applied in each part for a single answer but based on multiple answers.

As is often the case, this workaround wouldn't be the most elegant from a programming standpoint, but it would probably work reasonably well nonetheless. I will prepare an example a little later.

Being able to transfer variables from one part to another would be a nice improvement on the Formulas question. But from what Jean-Michel Védrine told me, it may be quite difficult to do. Anyway for now, the workaround would be the only option available.