Importing Quiz Questions: Is it possible to not shuffle or number the choices?

Importing Quiz Questions: Is it possible to not shuffle or number the choices?

by Florian Leupold -
Number of replies: 3

I frequently import quiz questions using Aiken and GIFT formats.

Is it possible to not shuffle or number the choices when a multiple-choice question is imported? So far, I have always gone through every single imported questions and uncheck these boxes...

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Florian Leupold

Re: Importing Quiz Questions: Is it possible to not shuffle or number the choices?

by S G -
When you import questions in GIFT / AIKEN format, there is no option to switch on / off the shuffling of the answer choices. So, no need to change your import formats.

[1] The shuffling of answer choices within each question can be selected / deselected from the Quiz > Gear icon > Edit settings > Question behavior > Shuffle within questions yes/no

[2] The shuffling of questions across the quiz can be selected / deselected from the Quiz > Gear icon > Edit quiz > 'shuffle' checkbox

The choice numbers (or letters) can be hidden via CSS. Just add the CSS below to the Raw SCSS of the theme.

span.answernumber {
display: none;
}
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to S G

Re: Importing Quiz Questions: Is it possible to not shuffle or number the choices?

by Florian Leupold -
Thanks for your reply, July!

I guess it might not be possible to set default settings for importing questions then.

An alternative way is to export all imported questions in Moodle XML format, change the settings via Find/Replace and re-import them again. At least that saves one from editing every single question individually.
In reply to Florian Leupold

by Eoin Campbell -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
The WordTable plugin allows you specify all the settings when creating the question, so that you don't have to fix them up individually after importing them.