Competencies vs Activity Completion

Competencies vs Activity Completion

by Jessi Gerber -
Number of replies: 3

Hi all! I apologize if this is a stupid question. I have scoured the internet and looked high and low for this but with no luck.

So, what is the difference between competencies and activity completion?

We are doing training for teachers and then have a set of activities that need to be completed and then they can move onto the next. If they are doing anything with the leader, it will be through SharePoint. So is there any worth in setting up competencies?

Thank you!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jessi Gerber

Re: Competencies vs Activity Completion

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
'Hi all! I apologize if this is a stupid question.'
It's an excellent question, but I am not the right person to answer it.
However In my view Activity completion is much easier to understand and use than Competencies, but they are not really interchangeable things.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Jessi Gerber

by Shirley Gregorczyk -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
Competencies and learning plans are a whole separate system of tracking a students achievements. There is a lot of manually setup and upkeep and no delivered reports within Moodle. It is a necessary evil, for what I need to track - if it was not a requirement - I would just use the activity completion and Grades reports to evaluate if the training objectives were met.

Within this forum - you can find some good data to support not going down that path.
Kind Regards
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Shirley Gregorczyk

by Jessi Gerber -
@Shirley and @Marcus, thank you so much for the feedback. I thought that it was more work than needed but I think I wanted some confirmation.

For more data to support this, are there certain forums on here? Thank you!