Topic completion (Moodle 3.9)

Topic completion (Moodle 3.9)

by Jacek Rapacz -
Number of replies: 4

Hi.

We have a course with 4 topics. Each topic is carried out by a different teacher.

Is it possible to check completion but only of a single topic? By completion I mean percentage of completed activities over all activities in the topic.

Maybe some plugin would do the work?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jacek Rapacz

Re: Topic completion (Moodle 3.9)

by Joost Elshoff -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Hi Jack,

I think you could, if you're willing to add 4 Completion progress blocks (1 for each topic). You can set up each of the completion progress blocks to track a selection of activities if you don't want to track all of them in the same block.
In reply to Joost Elshoff

Odp: Re: Topic completion (Moodle 3.9)

by Jacek Rapacz -
What do you mean by "Completion progress blocks"? I can't find such functionality anywhere.
Just to clarify, that topic completion feature should be used by teachers to track students progress (and e.g. to restrict access to certificate based on topic completion percentage).
In reply to Jacek Rapacz

Re: Odp: Re: Topic completion (Moodle 3.9)

by Giovanni Vosloo -
Hi Jack,

There is a plugin called "Completion progress block", it is a nice tool to use for completion, depending on the theme and layout.

Here is a link to the plugin: https://moodle.org/plugins/block_completion_progress

You can also put your course into "one topic per page" layout in the course settings. This will collapse the entire course into topics, each topic will show a summary, list of items to complete and the user and other should be able to see progress on each topic.

You can also just show them how to effetely use the "Activity completion report", I know it does note break up in topics, but it is not hard to spot the activity where topics start or end. You also don't need any plugins, development, customisations, nothing. It is built in and works great. You just have to make sure you set up your activity completion correctly.

Activity completion report link: : https://docs.moodle.org/310/en/Using_Activity_completion

I hope this information helps.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Giovanni Vosloo

Odp: Re: Odp: Re: Topic completion (Moodle 3.9)

by Jacek Rapacz -
Thank you very much. A lot of useful information. I think I'm gonna try with "Completion progress block" plugin smile