Deletion not allowed

Deletion not allowed

by Hirad F -
Number of replies: 5

Hi, there is a column we can include in our csv to delete courses. But once I include this column, and upload the csv file, it shows a message like "deletion not allowed". As far as I know, there should be an option in "Import options" to allow deletes. But I cannot find it. How can I solve this problem? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance...

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Hirad F

Re: Deletion not allowed

by C Behan -
When you see the preview of the CSV file, look at the Import Options underneath and set it to Allow Deletes
In reply to C Behan

by Hirad F -
There isn't such an option anywhere in the process. Is there any option I need to enable in site administration in order to use this feature?
In reply to Hirad F

by Giovanni Vosloo -
Hi Hirad,

Alternatively, just place all courses in a category and delete the category. There is no need to struggle with CSV files then.

Hope it helps!
In reply to Giovanni Vosloo

by Hirad F -
Yes, that is the option given by Moodle, but the problem is, since it consists of two processes (moving them to the "waste category for example", then deleting the whole category, the server is going to become somehow twice as busy as if I used a .csv file. This is why I'm asking for this option.
In reply to Hirad F

by Giovanni Vosloo -
I completely understand the logic, but moving courses is not very resource intensive. If the server struggles, then just make sure your server is up to the task of running a Moodle site, it is not the same as WordPress and many people fall for this. All the times we have done this, the server was perfectly fine. If you have any concerns, rather schedule big tasks at times the server is not going to be as busy. This will avoid any bad user experiences. Also make sure your backups are up to date in case you delete the wrong courses smile