Impossible to add new activity with Loadbalancer

Impossible to add new activity with Loadbalancer

by Son TRAN -
Number of replies: 1

Dear all,

I experience the following situation:

-My Moodle system 3.9 has two identical instances on two virtual machines. a loadbalancer takes in charge the switching between these two instances with IP persistence

-For some course format, I can edit, then add an activity as usual. It means I can turn the Edit course on, then Add new activity and see a popup window with a list of all installed actitvities to be added to the course

-For a special course format (Flexible sesssion format) when doing the same, I just see an empty window, having waiting icon (running circle) while clicking the Add new activity.

-But when I switch loadbalancer to only one instance, the popup window will have all the activities again.

My question is that  maybe I miss something in setting for loadbalancer causing this problem  ? How / where can I debug the loading process of the list of activities to see clearer what happen actually with the waiting icon ? There is no errors at all in the error log of the nginx

Many thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Son TRAN

Re: Impossible to add new activity with Loadbalancer

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Flexible Sections Format shows version compat up to 3.8.

https://moodle.org/plugins/format_flexsections/versions

Maintainer contact info is listed on above page.

Loadbalancer does sound like it's involved in the issue ...  from which node 1 or 2?

Identical or not, would think moodledata/ caching or some other in moodledata would be shared to both nodes

Cron and Task (including adhoc_task) running ok?

'SoS', Ken