Extending Adaptable

Extending Adaptable

by Ben MoodlePadawan -
Number of replies: 5

Hi,

I need to develop a theme that would extend adaptable (and add custom templates, css, js)

I tried the following in my theme 's settings.php but no one works :

• $THEME->parents = [ 'adaptable'];
  • $THEME->parents = [ 'adaptable', 'boost'];
  • $THEME->parents = ['boost' , 'adaptable'];
Any ideas about how do do it ?

Thanks,
ben
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ben MoodlePadawan

Re: Extending Adaptable

by Ben MoodlePadawan -
Hi,
Sorry to insist but I didn't find any solutions for extending Adaptable theme.
Seems that the right order for the "$THEME->parents " parameters in config.php is " ['boost' , 'adaptable'];" but when I use this order, my website keeps loading.
When I extend only 'adaptable', it's ok but I don't have anly styles applied.
It's very strange because when I extend only boost theme, I don't need to do anything particular to get it work.

Thanks
ben

by Ben MoodlePadawan -
And oops, I use Moodle 3.9 smile

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
I've never created a child theme of Adaptable, at least I can't remember doing so. So, for me this is commercially tricky as I facilitate a MoodleBites (run by HRDNZ - a Moodle Partner) theme design courses that deals with child themes (but not grandchild themes - yet), therefore is not clear cut for me to answer this here. Others are of course free to do so.

Also MDL-69982 might have something to do with it, even though Adaptable does not use SCSS.
In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Ben MoodlePadawan -
Ok thank you Gareth, I'm gonna try to follow your trail but it seems a little bit too tricky for me now.
By the way, do you know much about the Flexible project ? Are you in charge ?
https://adaptable.ws/

Thanks for all your work

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Thanks Ben.

adaptable.ws is nothing to do with me, they are the 'fork' of the theme that departed the project a while back for reasons I sort of know but can't say in public. I have reached out to them Moodle 3.10 version wise (back in the early part of the year) to avoid confusion issues, but no reply yet.