Turn off notification emails for a student in specific course

Turn off notification emails for a student in specific course

by Xiao Chen -
Number of replies: 2

Hi there,

I want to know is there a way to turn off email notification for one student in one course? The student still need to received email notifications from other courses he enrolled in so I can't disable it from the user's notification preferences.

Thanks,

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Xiao Chen

Re: Turn off notification emails for a student in specific course

by Ravi Murugesan -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Hi Xiao - by 'email notification', do you mean email copies of forum posts? The student can unsubscribe from those by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the email copies. You can also remove him from the forum subscribers list yourself. Or do you mean some other kind of email notification?

In reply to Ravi Murugesan

Re: Turn off notification emails for a student in specific course

by Xiao Chen -
Hi Ravi,
Thanks for your reply.
Yes at this stage I mean the copies of forum posts. But it might end up no notification emails (quiz, assignment marks, etc) from the course to the student, but he still need to received notification emails from his other courses.
I have unsubscribe the student from forums in the course but not the News forum, it is a Forced subscription forum and I can't find a way to unsubscribe the student.
Also, if there are Auto-subscription forums in the course that the student has not make a post yet, it means he will be subscribed to it once he post something in the forum.
I am trying to find a way to "Lock" him out from notification emails in one course smile