merge the moodle with another existing website

merge the moodle with another existing website

oleh Chandra Setiawan Komar -
Jumlah balasan: 6
Dear Mark,
I've just been learning E-Learning and Moodle. I'm so excited and have installed Moodle in my PC.

Fix error here and there, and now I've decided to make a website that support E-Learning with moodle but yet I encountered another problem.

I find that it's not hard to make a single web site that use dedicated server with moodle. But I don't know how to merge the moodle with another existing website and use already running server (the server uses Apache, PHP, and MySQL).

Would you please help me solving this problem? Thank you.

Your sincerely,
Chandra SK
Rata-rata penilaian: -
Sebagai balasan Chandra Setiawan Komar

Re: Siapa yang sudah install dan online?

oleh dimas agung -
I used moodle for e-learning system since 2003, and it can be integrated nicely with another system in my institution. now we had 5000 members and still increasing

Clould you give more detail information about the problems?
Sebagai balasan dimas agung

Dear, Dimas

If I have our own server, I can just install Moodle, follow the instruction, and set up my own website. But it's too complicated for me (to manage own server) and I don't have enough money to open a firewall port (or to buy a new server).

So I choose to host it to a web-hosting company. Of course they already have an already-running server with Apache, PHP, and MySQL. The problem is, what files I should give them? Should I give them the Moodle source (the installer)? Or just the several folders from installed moodle?

Would you please help me with this problem? Thank you.

Your sincerely,
Chandra SK
Sebagai balasan Chandra Setiawan Komar

oleh dimas agung -
It's depend on what web-hosting company you already choosed. Some hosting service already provide moodle source (using fantastico interface), so you just click install button and wala... you already have moodle installed.
But some hosting company don't, so you have to upload all of moodle source and follow the installation procedure. if you using this method make sure that web server can write instalation directory (directory permission), and be aware about security.
Sebagai balasan dimas agung

I have a "full" moodle source. It packaged with Apache, PHP, and MySQL. I have installed into my PC and it's already running.
But now I want to upload it into a website in internet.

The hosting company don't have moodle, btw, the hosting company is just a web host company, they don't specialize in moodle.

When I want to upload the Moodle (I speak directly to their techician), they ask me the files that I want to host in their server. When I give them the source, they say that this kind of software need a dedicated server.

What should I do?