Grading Activities

Grading Activities

by Steve Marsh -
Number of replies: 4

Welcome to everyone before I start

I am a new user to moodle and just in the process of setting it up but come across an issue I cant seem to resolve and hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

Setup subdomain and installed moodle ok 3.10.3

Setup a few courses in the form of quizes but using essay in most as opposed to multi choice / true and false answer.

Setup a few students with one completes the quizes and a teachers so they can check / grade the student.

But the problem I have is the teacher doesn't have access to check answers or grade, only person that can seem to access that is me logged in as the admin. I changed the teacher to a manager and stil have the same issue, also setup a second teacher and they still dont have access to mark / grade the quizes. When logged in as a teacher or manager there is no gear icon the to to grades or the grades button down left side only shows the teachers.

I know I'm missing something but don't know wht at present if anyone can help.

BTW - Only plugin that I have added is auto enrol which enrols everyone in to all courses on login including teachers which I also need to resolve but thats for another day, maybe I need to sort something into grougs to change that.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Steve Marsh

Re: Grading Activities

by Joost Elshoff -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Hi Steve,
Have you checked the teacher user is also enrolled as a teacher in the course? If you use auto-enrol, the teacher user may have been enrolled as a student instead, which causes the absence of the cogwheel features and tools.
Average of ratings: Useful (3)
In reply to Joost Elshoff

by Steve Marsh -
Hi Joost

Thanks for the quick reply, I assume you are probably right with what you are suggesting.

I added the user first and then set the user as a teacher before they actually logged into the site, with that in mind I thought the auto-enrol would have added them into the courses as a teacher and not a student. I'm not sure how to change that at this moment but will look at that tomorrow when I have a chance but assume that will have to be done for each course rather than just changing user's teacher status.

Like I mentioned it's all new to me and a learning curve and thought it must have been something I had done or not set up correctly but couldn't put my finger on it.

Many Thanks for the help.
Regards
Steve
In reply to Steve Marsh

by Steve Marsh -
Hi Joost

You was right and it had enrolled the user as a student and not as a teacher in the courses, once the user was changed to a teacher in each course they was able to review and grade other students ok. Still trying to get my head around the fact everything revolves around a course rather than the user and seeing if we can make moodle work for us.

Many Thanks for the help
Regards
Steve
In reply to Steve Marsh

by Joost Elshoff -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Hi Steve,
Nice to hear you succeeded in solving the enigma glimlach

Did you know there are selfpaced courses on https://learn.moodle.org, for both course creation (and management) and site administration? These courses should give you a head start in running your own Moodle instance successfully:
Free online courses on how to run your site or course in Moodle, developed and facilitated by Moodle HQ
Start with 1 (Admin basics), then do course 2 (teaching basics).

Once you have gained some experience and momentum, it'll be time for course 3 (teaching next level).

Good luck!
Average of ratings: Useful (2)