user import and update

user import and update

by Michael Gies -
Number of replies: 4

Hello experts,

I would appreciate an advice, just to know if it should be possible to use existent moodle webservice (in case, which webservice) to (make a tool in java to) import a CSV file containing new users to import and update existent users; if not a mass file, but at least a single user, as soon as someone saves a new  user or modifies an existing user in an external java program.

At the moment I import a file with 3000 users every day (most of which already exist) with the moodle administration GUI.

Any answer would be appreciated. Thanks,

Michael

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Michael Gies

Re: user import and update

by Markus Münch -

Hello Michael

I have the same request. Have you been able to solve the import with a webservice?  And if so: do you have any advice?

Many thanks
Markus

In reply to Markus Münch

by Michael Gies -

Hallo Markus,

no, for now I got along with a workaround. After my quick&dirty-solution someone answered with a hint:

Please have a look at the discussion on https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=105653. There's a possible solution there (by Brian Pool).

I guess I already saw this post as I found the file autouploaduser.php in my download folder but I haven't given it a try yet. because meanwhile I had prepared a tool that simulates the mouse clicks in a browser to import the nightly file as an admin user and for now it is working while I care for other urgent issues  smile.

Let's keep in touch if you try the solution by Brian Pool.

But if you like to try my workaround for Chrome, you can find a zip attached with the source, the exe and the batch to launch it.

Alles Gute,,

Michael

P.S. Ich habe auf Englisch geschrieben, weil wir hier in der englischen comunity sind.

In reply to Markus Münch

by Michael Gies -
Hallo Markus,

ist dieses Thema noch aktuell für dich ?

Grüße,
Michael
In reply to Michael Gies

by Markus Münch -
Hallo Michael

Wir haben das damals mit dem Plugin UserSync CSV gelöst, hat gut geklappt.

Viele Grüsse
Markus