Quiz Grading after the quiz has closed

Quiz Grading after the quiz has closed

by Paul Raper -
Number of replies: 3

Dear all,

I wonder if anyone can help out.

I have a colleague who set a quiz for the students to complete, but unfortunately she didn't set auto submit when the time was up, and the student forgot to submit the quiz inside the time.

Is there anyway that a teacher can still get a grade for the quiz without having to go through manual grading?

Thanks for your thoughts.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Paul Raper

Re: Quiz Grading after the quiz has closed

by Joost Elshoff -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Hi Paul,

This is a question that seems to pop up occasionally, and other than using a user override to give extra time (to submit the quiz), I wouldn't know any other solutions for your colleague to resort to.

Give the student some extra time through override, make sure the student and colleague are both there when the student uses his / her / their granted extra time so he / she / they can submit the quiz.

There's no tool for teacher that can force submit a quiz a student forgot to finalize, unfortunately.
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Joost Elshoff

by Paul Raper -
Hi Joost,
That was kind of what I suspected, and I actually tried to toggle to Auto Submit, and then tried to offer a user over-ride extension, but the test was not automatically submitted when the time ran out.
I also tried to trigger regrade test, but that too didn't work as the test is "technically" not submitted.
As you rightly say, there doesn't seem to be a tool that allows one to over-ride such a situation, except doing what you also suggest which is to grant extra time to the user, ask them to go back in, and finally submit the test themselves.
Thank you for chewing the rag, I really appreciate this.
Paul
In reply to Paul Raper

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
I understand your need, Paul. I too have been caught in the past with this situation. Perhaps the "lack of a Moodle tool" is perhaps because the student, for whatever reason, really intended not to submit the quiz. If a teacher could magically submit it, this might violate some kind of ethics (meaning, someone else did something on behalf of the student.) So maybe Moodle's approach of making this difficult is correct? I am just thinking a little (out loud.)