Sync Grades isn't working moodle > blackboard

Sync Grades isn't working moodle > blackboard

by Waleed Kotb -
Number of replies: 1

I'm using moodle 3.5.3+ (Build: 20181113) as LTI provider. and i'm trying to Launch the moodle course from Blackboard "LTI consumer"

When i try to run the cron "Publish as LTI tool grade sync" i get this message

---------------------------------

Execute scheduled task: Publish as LTI tool grade sync (enrol_lti\task\sync_grades)
... started 15:46:19. Current memory use 8.5MB.
Starting - Grade sync for shared tool '2' for the course '33'.
Completed - Synced grades for tool '2' in the course '33'. Processed 0 users; sent 0 grades.

Starting - Grade sync for shared tool '4' for the course '80'.
Skipping - Empty serviceurl for the user '6138' in the tool '4' for the course '80'.
Skipping - Empty serviceurl for the user '6141' in the tool '4' for the course '80'.
Completed - Synced grades for tool '4' in the course '80'. Processed 2 users; sent 0 grades.

... used 4 dbqueries
... used 0.0018918514251709 seconds
Scheduled task complete: Publish as LTI tool grade sync (enrol_lti\task\sync_grades)
---------------------------------

I already added my domain to the trusted list of providers on blackboard and allowed access to membership service

Also to check if there could be any interruptions i ran a cURL on my moodle server to blackboard site and i'm getting a reply

Any ideas about what my next steps could be ?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Waleed Kotb

Re: Sync Grades isn't working moodle > blackboard

by Jake Dallimore -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi Waleed,

The fact that you have an empty serviceurl appears to be the issue. The grade sync task is running but doesn't know what endpoint to call to return the grades. This is a field on the enrol_lti_users table.

This serviceurl is set for each user when the (consumer) user launches the tool activity. I suspect this isn't being sent, perhaps due to a configuration issue in Blackboard. Maybe the tool definition there isn't set up to allow gradesync, and so doesn't send the lis_outcome_service_url field - but that's just a guess. I don't have access to Blackboard and can't confirm. You'd ideally need to troubleshoot the launch data and work out why the serviceurl isn't being sent.

Hope that gives you something to go on.
Jake