Teacher can only hide activity, but can't add new one

Teacher can only hide activity, but can't add new one

by Adam Pawlak -
Number of replies: 4

Hi,

I'm starting with Moodle, but I couldn't find any answer for my questions. I'm using v3.8, Classic theme.

I set some users to role "teacher" in Course administation > Users > Permissimon. They need to be able to add some files or activites. 

As administrator when I turn on Editing mode I can add files, move them etc., but teacher (with turned on Editing mode) can only hide them. Role "teacher" is set with default settings (allow - Manage files, allow - Manage activities).

aa

How can I turn on possibility to add activities to teacher?

Thanks for your help!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Adam Pawlak

Re: Teacher can only hide activity, but can't add new one

by Melanie Scott -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
Are you sure this is teacher view and not non-editing teacher? Do they have the role in the course or at a category level (which I DO NOT ever recommend)?
In reply to Adam Pawlak

by Melanie Scott -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
Also...is Editing turned ON? It isn't on automatically.
In reply to Adam Pawlak

by Heather P -
We hade this briefly a while ago. Assuming you have got editing turned on etc.
We found two ways of overcoming it - If you are using one topic box per page then you need to be on the home page to turn editing on, not an individual topic box page as it presents very slightly different.

The other more significant thing was - it only happened to users who happened to be using Internet Explorer. Check what browser your users are using, it could be that they need to use a newer browser and definitely not Internet Explorer.
In reply to Adam Pawlak

by Joost Elshoff -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Hi Adam,

Did you go to Course admin > Users > Permissions to get this done, or did you go to Course admin > Users > Enrolled users to assign the Teacher role to these users? If you followed the first path, it's likely you enabled a few previously disabled permissions such as 'manage activity' or 'edit settings'.

Did you assign the teacher role to these users? And is this teacher role (editingteacher) as it should be, without any locally modified permissions?