Can't get out of maintenance mode - 1.6

Can't get out of maintenance mode - 1.6

by Mike Johnson -
Number of replies: 4

I can't get out of maintenance mode.  I get this error message:

Warning: unlink(c:\Inetpub\wwwroot/moodledata/1/maintenance.html) [function.unlink]: Permission denied in c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\moodle\admin\maintenance.php on line 24

And then it displays:

Maintenance mode has been disabled and the site is running normally again

But it is still in maintenance mode.  My admin page says it is and I can't access content as a regular user.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mike Johnson

Re: Can't get out of maintenance mode - 1.6

by Iñaki Arenaza -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Moodle can't delete the file c:\Inetpub\wwwroot/moodledata/1/maintenance.html because it has no permission to do it.

Remove it manually if you have access to the server, or make sure the IIS service user has change permissions in that folder.

Saludos. Iñaki.
In reply to Iñaki Arenaza

by Mike Johnson -

That worked.  THanks. 

Was this info documented somewhere?  I tried searching for info about this issue but found nothing relevant.

In reply to Mike Johnson

by Iñaki Arenaza -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Was this info documented somewhere?

I don't think so. I just 'guessed' it from the error message (having had a look at the code helped a bit wink)

Saludos. Iñaki.
In reply to Iñaki Arenaza

by Stephen Mates -

Thank you very much Saludos for the solution to Mike's problem, I was verging on a reload.

Stephen