Become Moodle expert

Become Moodle expert

by Alessandro G. -
Number of replies: 4

Hi, i'm tring to learn evry secret of moodle, but i would to know how to improvement my knowledge. Could you give me some advice? Ebook, trainig courses...

Thank's a lot 😁

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Alessandro G.

Re: Become Moodle expert

by Giovanni Vosloo -
Hi Alessandro,

Learning every bit of Moodle is not an easy task and I don't think anyone can actually know everything. I have been working on it for over 10 years and I still cannot remember every single little thing. Moodle also improves and changes every year with new features or features changing. While in theory it does sound amazing to "know all about Moodle", I don't think it will be possible.

You can however know plenty and you can know the best features and on top of that it is plenty more useful to actually know HOW TO USE the site, not so much the specifics. In other words, there is more value in knowing how to implement and make use of Moodle in different companies, than it is to try and learn each button.

This is just my 2c on the matter. smile

If however you are seeking the most knowledge ever about Moodle, you will need to read all the Moodle docs pages and know each piece of text, here is the link: https://docs.moodle.org/310/en/Main_page

Good luck in your knowledge quest smile

Re: Become Moodle expert

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hello Alessandro. First of all, do our free courses on the site learn.moodle.org - that will be a good start! They include: Beginner Admin, Moodle Teaching Basics, Moodle Plugin development Basics and Moodle Teaching Next Level.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Cooch

Ri: Re: Become Moodle expert

by Alessandro G. -
Thanks for your help. I know, it's an hard way. I would just like to find a starting point and know which are the most useful knowledge to improve and give more support to the work.

I will try to improve smile

Re: Ri: Re: Become Moodle expert

by Ravi Murugesan -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Hi Alessandro - To add to what Giovanni has said, it's unrealistic to expect to learn 'everything about Moodle'. You haven't mentioned if you're looking to use Moodle as a teacher, as an administrator, or as a developer? Each of these is a big field. There are training courses available, as Mary has pointed out, and there's a lot of documentation too.

Cheers,
Ravi
Average of ratings: Useful (1)