Error upgrading from 3.8 to 3.10.3 latest release

Re: Error upgrading from 3.8 to 3.10.3 latest release

by Perry Way -
Number of replies: 0
Hi Matt,

In my defense, my desire to log in first was I wanted to set the theme before doing the upgrade. We are also using a new theme and the previous one we were using on our live site I don't think would be supported by the boost theme in 3.9 or higher and I didn't want to get locked out so to speak. I don't know of a way to set the theme with a prepared CLI script so thought I should do that straight away before doing the upgrade.

I got those additional errors both before and after, and it appears they were all related to the underscore in the subdomain used. Once I cleared that up by removing the underscore all other residual problems went away, except for one. The last error I believe is not related to this issue I had, and I just created a new post for it. It is something I don't have time to chase at the moment since this Friday is a very busy day in preparation for new term start on Monday. Today is the day all new term courses are created by my software that backs up templates and restores to new term courses. And we had plenty of problems. I can return to trying to identify the issue next week sometime, but in the mean time if you're interested, here's the link to that. I think a simple change to the /index.php file would prevent this from ever happening to anyone else in the future:

https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=421075