"Hidden from Vimeo" Video and Moodle's HTML5

"Hidden from Vimeo" Video and Moodle's HTML5

by Josh Caume -
Number of replies: 0

Hi everyone,

So I've encountered a bit of an issue while using some of the additional security features on Vimeo and the HTML5 embedding feature on a "Page" source. I'm wondering if anyone here can help with info on the matter.

On Vimeo I have my videos uploaded as a "Hidden from Vimeo" video and the privacy setting to only allow for the videos to be embedded on approved domains. The only approved domain I have listed are my moodle pages "_____.MoodleCloud.com". After copying and pasting the embed code from the Vimeo video into the Moodle "Page" source under HTML5 I get a notification from the Vimeo player "Sorry Because of its privacy settings, this video cannot be played here."

I checked Vimeos information boards and found this: 

"If you’re seeing this error in the player, the video you are watching has domain-level privacy enabled. The video’s owner can adjust the domains where a video can appear within “Where can this video be embedded?” section of the embed settings page.

If the domain is listed in your video settings page, but the error is still appearing, the domain specified in your address bar may be different from the domain sent to the Vimeo player. In these cases, the privacy error may appear. Contact a web developer to confirm if there is anything in your site's HTML code that could be blocking the referrer from reaching our player iframe."

Is the HTML player reporting a different domain back to Vimeo? I am using a trial version of moodle to evaluate Moodles efficacy for the task. Will this issue persist after I move from the trial version to the paid version of Moodle? Is there a way to have my site report the proper URL back to Vimeo to reach the player iframe?

Thanks in advance for any insight,

Josh

P.S. I'm new to the forum so if I posted in the wrong thread let me know and I will remediate the issue.

Average of ratings: -