Dinamic enrolment key

Dinamic enrolment key

by Steven Diaz -
Number of replies: 2

I'm making (and I need a lot of help) a plugin for a new way of enrolment to prevent the massive enrolment in a course due to a weak or passed away enrolment key.

To prevent that situation I've  made a plan that requires that the enrolment key it was not just a single one, i was thinking this could be readed of a external database and used only one time for all the courses that I have blocked, that means that all the enrolment keys of all the courses got access to one database where the enrolment key submitted will be compared whit the keys already filled on that database and once readed the "used" enrolment key will be erased or disabled.

How i can do that? or what is the complete path of this enrolment key variable????

Thanks for readme and sorry for the english. 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Steven Diaz

Re: Dinamic enrolment key

by Laura B. -
I'm also interested in something similar. Unfortunately, I cannot integrate with Authorize.net nor PayPal, but I do need to allow students to pay before entering a class. I'd like to give each payee a unique enrollment key that would then be verified after they create an account with Moodle and try to enroll in the course. It would also make promotions easier. For example, if a company purchase a bulk number of courses to give out to clients as an educational promotion, then I'd rather they go straight to Moodle to login and enroll, instead of having to go through a shopping cart where they won't be paying anyway due to the promotion.

Does anyone know if a hack or plug-in has already been written to allow multiple enrollment keys? Or alternatively, does anyone know off hand the proper place to hook-in to build my own?
In reply to Steven Diaz

Re: Dinamic enrolment key

by Matias O'Keefe -
Hi Steven, I was about to start developing exactly the same plugin for Moodle when I sumbled with your inquiry in this forum. Did you get far creating this feature? Do you have a better Idea now on how to proceed to create it?