No admin rights for site admin user

No admin rights for site admin user

by Paula Flaherty -
Number of replies: 1

I have just installed Moodle via Bitnami onto a USB stick so I can access it locally. However, when I login as my admin user, there is no site admin button and when I manually input an admin url it says I do not have access. I have followed the instructions found here: https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=324918 but unfortunately I am still experiencing the issue. I even added a new user and inputted their ID as a site admin in the config file but that user also does not have admin privilieges.

Really hoping someone can help. The install took hours and I really am hoping to not have to reinstall it all again.

Kind regards,
Paula

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Paula Flaherty

Re: No admin rights for site admin user

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
Bitnami (entire stack - apache/mysql/php) installs have a default 'admin' level user (should be user ID 2 in mysql mdl_user table) with a default password ... don't think you are prompted to change.
You could use the mysql client in Bitnami and using the credentials for DB (user/password) seen in config.php of moodle code, query the DB for moodle for id 2:

select * from mdl_user where id='2';

You won't see the password in clear text, but would be able to see what the login is.

Also, mind sharing how you added a user? And the line you added to your config.php file to attempt to make that new user an admin level user?

"install took hours" might be a clue ... USB anything will be slower ... period ... and there are timeout settings in mysql as well as php/apache that could come into play.

Have enough space on drive for the machine being used to put the bitnami install there as opposed to a USB device?

'SoS', Ken
Average of ratings: Useful (1)