Unwanted insights emails from hidden courses

Unwanted insights emails from hidden courses

by heli g -
Number of replies: 1

Teachers are complaining about receiving insights emails from hidden courses via the "Students who have not accessed the course recently" analytics model.

We have many instances of hidden courses with students enrolments. This is a deliberate choice, not a mistake, as many Teachers make use of meta-link enrolments and teach courses that draw enrolments from these hidden courses. Is there a way we can stop models from generating insights for hidden courses?

I see that hidden courses are not included in the "Students at risk of dropping out" model, but it does not appear to be the case for the "not accessed" models. Or have I missed something here?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to heli g

Re: Unwanted insights emails from hidden courses

by Amaia Anabitarte -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Thanks Heli for your comment.
I think you're right and you found a bug. Hidden courses were added to 'Invalid site element' list in MDL-66806 that affects "Students at risk of dropping out" and some other models, but not "Students who have not accessed the course recently" model. So I've created MDL-71274 issue to fix it. I encourage you to watch, vote or comment on it to add as many information as you can.
Thanks for your help and support!
Average of ratings: Useful (2)