Custom profile field make vertical view

Custom profile field make vertical view

by Ismath Khan -
Number of replies: 3
In my moodle application i added custom profile field for student .language spoke,written,read. now i add custom profile field one by one in category .but now i want all spoke,written,read select box in vertical view in same catogry like this 

this below i created custom profile language fields

I want like this below as in same category for spoken,written,reading 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ismath Khan

Re: Custom profile field make vertical view

by Mark Sharp -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Yeah, I don't think that's easily done without some coding changes. I don't know what you have in the drop-downs, but one option is to group the dropdowns by language rather than spoken, written and reading.
e.g.
Category: Bahasia Malaysia
Bahasia Spoken: 1-5
Bahasia Written: 1-5
Bahasia Reading: 1-5
In reply to Mark Sharp

by Ismath Khan -
Hi mark,

Thank you for ur reply. may i know in coding which folder/path /filename file name need to change .as i already found the file in html/user/profile/lib.php

after foreach  
$formfield->edit_field($mform);  this function will return all custom fields but no html so how can change in file kindly help
Attachment Untitled.png
In reply to Ismath Khan

by Mark Sharp -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
I really wouldn't go down that route; it's filled with pain. Changing anything in core code will cripple your development for years - you'd have to redo your changes at every Moodle upgrade. I would also argue that the layout you're after is less accessible for people with screen readers. If you went with my suggestion, you'd save yourself a lot of hassle, and it would be more accessible.