Using H5P for language lesson activities?

Using H5P for language lesson activities?

by Acqua Alta -
Number of replies: 4

Hi,
In language lessons, we sometimes want the student to examine a sentence and then suggesting what's the linguistic (syntax) role of each word in the sentence. For example, one word is the direct object, another one is the indirect object.

Is there an H5P content type that would help achieving this?

Thanks smile

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Acqua Alta

Re: Using H5P for language lesson activities?

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hello there. I would suggest looking at the Mark the words activity.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Acqua Alta -
Hi Mary,
First, thanks for answering so fast and suggesting this.

Looking at the "Mark the words" content type, it seems that it may help in some way, but that's not exactly what I looked for.
I will try to be more clear.

What I'm thinking about is something like a content type that shows text (a sentence), and above each word there is a dropdown list that you can choose from the linguistic (syntax) role of that word in the sentence.
The "Mark the words" content type would let me choose all the words in sentence that answer to a specific role in the sentence, and I want to identify all the roles of all the words in the sentence.

Maybe I'm missing something and "Mark the words" allows this.
In reply to Acqua Alta

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Does it have to be with H5P? I'm just asking because I am sure you could do this with Quiz question types - drag and drop markers immediately comes to mind. I will keep thinking anyway, because it is something that interests me smile
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Acqua Alta

by Oliver Tacke -
Hi!

You could use Advanced Fill in the Blanks that allows to define blanks to be filled via a dropdown menu. Those could go behind each word, or you could first write all the words and then the same number of blanks.

Also, Highlight the Words should do the trick, but you'd mark words in a particular color (with a definable label) instead of choosing from dropdown menus.

Best,
Oliver
Average of ratings: Useful (3)