Group activity completion

Group activity completion

by Sidd Lep -
Number of replies: 2

Hello!

I have several groups of student enrolled in course and they are separated by groups. There are some group tasks or activities they need to do. For example, they need to publish their common document. The activity is completed when student upload the document. What I want to do is, that if any of group members complete the activity (uploading the document), the activity should be marked as completed for the group (all group members), so that each of group members can continue with the following activity.

Is there any option in Moodle to do like that?

Thank you.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sidd Lep

Re: Group activity completion

by Eoin Campbell -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Interesting question, so I checked this out, and in an assignment it works as you require. Set up an assignment so that students must submit in groups, and specify the grouping to use (screenshot 1 "Group submission settings"). Organise the students into a group (screenshot 2 "Add/remove users: Group 2"). When one student in the group submits a document to the assignment, all students in the group have the activity marked as completed (screenshot 3 "Activity completion report").

Activity completion report

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Eoin Campbell

Re: Group activity completion

by Illias Hischier -

Great, thanks for providing this detailed answer! Does this also work for the 'database activity? Unfortunately, I couldn't find any group submission settings in the database activity.