Cengage LTI tool use results in "No handler found for..." error

Cengage LTI tool use results in "No handler found for..." error

by Perry Way -
Number of replies: 3

We are having an issue with Cengage using LTI tools (External Tools). 

The path that is having the problem shows the form of path

.../mod/lti/services.php/3969/lineitems?type_id=1369%27

If I try to open that path on my browser I get this JSON response...

{
    "status": 400,
    "reason": "No handler found for / text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,image/avif,image/webp,image/apng,*/*;q=0.8,application/signed-exchange;v=b3;q=0.9 ",
    "request": {
        "method": "GET",
        "url": "/mod/lti/services.php/?file=/3969/lineitems&type_id=1369%27",
        "accept": "text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,image/avif,image/webp,image/apng,*/*;q=0.8,application/signed-exchange;v=b3;q=0.9",
        "contentType": ""
    }
}

We are running Moodle 3.8 on IIS 8 on a Windows server. Our instructor has been working with Cengage and they report that our system is set up properly leaving us shrugging our shoulder as to what we need to do. I've done a lot of research, checked our Application log in the Windows Event Log and can't find any errors that were triggered by this.

I have done a deep search on Moodle forums regarding our problem with Cengage LTI and have found only one link that is anywhere remotely close to the problem we are having, but that topic was closed due to inactivity.

That forum post was this one: https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=389826

I also cannot contact the user who posted it, oddly enough.

Does anyone have any clues what is prompting this error and possibly how to fix it?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Perry Way

Re: Cengage LTI tool use results in "No handler found for..." error

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers
Would this be better in the Developer's forum? A really good question that should get an answer.
In reply to Colin Fraser

by Perry Way -
Perhaps you're right. Though, I'm a bit afraid to post this there since I've seen some handslapping before about "cross-posting" the same problem in more than one forum.
In reply to Perry Way

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Moderator note: Perry, I'm just moving your discussion to the General developer forum so no need to re-post.