activity completion - dotted tick box not ticked after completing activity ?

activity completion - dotted tick box not ticked after completing activity ?

by altan ahmet -
Number of replies: 4

Hi

I have set a quiz which once completed shows as completed with a ticked dotted box next to it. its one question quiz at the end of a topic. The quiz just needsto be attempted and submitted for the dotted box to be ticked.

The issue is that I've now had reports from a couple of students  ( and validated by logging in as & trying it myself ), that they've completed the quiz and yet the dotted box isnt ticked ? For the majority of users this hasnt been an issue 

The user needs to complete this task before they can progress to the next assignment 

Its marked as attempted ( see pics attached ) but not showing as ticked ( see pic ) ?

I've also attached the acitivity completion settings

Any clues why this is happening & can I over ride the failure, by somehow getting the box ticked manually by the admin ?

Moodle 3.1.6 (Build: 20170508)

Attachment general  COMPLETION ACTIVITY SETTING.jpg
Attachment tick box 2.png
Attachment tickbox1.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to altan ahmet

Re: activity completion - dotted tick box not ticked after completing activity ?

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
You haven't just set it to require a grade. you ahve set it to require a *Passing* grade. Does this quiz have a 'Grade to pass' set? Does that explain it?
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Tim Hunt

Re: activity completion - dotted tick box not ticked after completing activity ?

by altan ahmet -

Thanks Tim

It was only supposed to be activity completed. It didnt require a grade or a pass.

I think I need to adjust the criteria.

Should I just remove " Require passing grade " ?

In reply to Tim Hunt

by altan ahmet -
Just a further follow up. I re-set the problem quiz attempt for the user in question & asked the user to use a different browser ( he was using edge ) & clear his cache. He was then able to complete the quiz question, & the dotted box showed a tick to indicate it had been completed.

I haven't adjusted the activity completion criteria, but still think I need too, if all I want is the user to complete ( rather than pass ) the quiz question, yes ?
In reply to altan ahmet

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Yes. If "Require passing grade" is not what you want, turn it off.