new site front page display problem

new site front page display problem

Michael Gadway གིས-
Number of replies: 4

(new admin) I am unable to get my front page to display when the moodle.cloud url is used. It takes the new student to a login page only. (www.centerforkriyayogastudies.moodlecloud.com) Am I doing something wrong? 

དཔྱ་སྙོམས་ཀྱི་སྐུགས་ཚུ།: -
In reply to Michael Gadway

Re: new site front page display problem

Mary Cooch གིས-
Documentation writers གི་པར Moodle HQ གི་པར Particularly helpful Moodlers གི་པར Testers གི་པར Translators གི་པར
Hello Michael. MoodleCloud sites only show the log in page when you access them - you're not doing anything wrong དགའ་འཛུམ་ I will just move your post to the dedicated MoodleCloud forum for if you have any further questions.
In reply to Michael Gadway

Visvanath Ratnaweera གིས-
Particularly helpful Moodlers གི་པར Translators གི་པར
Just drop the 'www' part from the URL.
In reply to Visvanath Ratnaweera

Kelly Howell གིས-
Dear Michael,

You will need to remove the www as Visvanath mentioned above - as your actual URL is: centerforkriyayogastudies.moodlecloud.com)

The front page is the initial page seen by someone reaching a Moodle site after or before a login. Typically a student will see courses, some blocks of information, displayed in a theme. In the Navigation bar and Navigation block it is called "Home".

A combination of site policiesuser authentication and front page settings determine who can get to the front page. And once they get there what they can see and what they can do.

You can learn more about changing the Site Appearance here: https://docs.moodle.org/en/Site_appearance

I hope that this helps.

Kelly