A suggestion for dealing with advertising submissions

A suggestion for dealing with advertising submissions

by Halim Asa -
Number of replies: 2

Greetings, I left for Turkey following the forum for such shipments that proliferates in Turkey last year's forum. But I think that such posts started to come in English form gradually.

Advertising posts are a method often used by forum members (new members) who have not adopted the community rules. I have a website that has been broadcasting about technology in my country for many years. This place was very popular and was often attacked by adolescent teens for SEO work.

Posts that are unrelated to the titles written only to thank (write an article) and link to the bottom. At that time, it became boring because people who followed the topics were frequently mailed.

Forum management opened a title called Company introduction. You could write the company introductions (legal) you want here, and save the information about your company here. However, when you try to link in other areas, you receive a warning, your article is deleted and you were removed from the forum again.

Here, too, I think it would be good to open and manage such a topic for every community (English, Turkish etc. forums). I will share an important banner advertisement below today.

What do you think about this issue?

Advertising posts

Yes, I know it's not a big problem, just because this is a chat area, I'm curious about your opinion.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Halim Asa

Re: A suggestion for dealing with advertising submissions

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hello Halim and nice to meet you. Sorry about the Turkish forums. I agree it is annoying when we have spammers on the site but usually if our community can notice then quickly enough we can delete them promptly. The "report to moderator" link at the bottom of each post is the way to alert us of a spam post. When I saw your screenshot above I went to that forum and removed this particular user, so thankyou.
Average of ratings: Very cool (1)
In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: A suggestion for dealing with advertising submissions

by Halim Asa -
Hello Mary, Nice to meet you too.
Actually, as the first thing I reported to the moderator by clicking the report button.

No, it was not an apology. So the ones who should apologize are those who do not obey the forum rules. You help people's needs without expecting anything in return. This is very important to me, I congratulate you for that.

Late or early, time is a relative concept. For some, it can be upsetting for them to get unsolicited notifications on the topic they follow.

With bans, many issues are moving away from the solution. If instead a forum can be added, such as the lounge here. People who want to promote their company, education sites or anything legal can be directed to enter and post a topic in the Promotion forum instead of anywhere in the forum.

Moodle.org is a creation I love very much. Since 2013, I have been among this community from time to time for limited periods from time to time.

Many thanks Marry for your help. See you