Quiz report with restricted groups suggested improvement

Quiz report with restricted groups suggested improvement

by Joseph Rézeau -
Number of replies: 5
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

When a quiz is set to Separate groups and is restricted to some groups, the users belonging to the group(s) that are not allowed to take the quiz should not be listed in the "enrolled users who have not attempted the quiz" list.

Also, when those group(s) are selected in the Separate groups drop-down list, the "Full regrade" and "Dry run a full regrade" buttons/links should not be displayed, since they are meaningless in this context.

I suggest that, in this use case, the Separate groups drop-down list should not display those groups that are not allowed to take the quiz or, better, display them greyed out (and un-selectable, of course).

The same use case applies to the Questionnaire plugin "View all Responses" display.

What do quiz users think?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

Re: Quiz report with restricted groups suggested improvement

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
These are good points.

Please create trackers issues for them (if there are not ones already, which is probably the case). https://docs.moodle.org/dev/Tracker_introduction
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Beth Wojcik -
Tim, any help with this debugging?

Debug info: Field 'userid' doesn't have a default value
INSERT INTO mdl_quiz_group_attempts (attemptid,quizid,timemodified,groupingid,groupid) VALUES(?,?,?,?,?)
[array (
0 => '42642',
1 => '2809',
2 => 1630430556,
3 => 1630430556,
4 => '218',
)]
Error code: dmlwriteexception
Stack trace:
line 489 of /lib/dml/moodle_database.php: dml_write_exception thrown
line 1331 of /lib/dml/mysqli_native_moodle_database.php: call to moodle_database->query_end()
line 1377 of /lib/dml/mysqli_native_moodle_database.php: call to mysqli_native_moodle_database->insert_record_raw()
line 162 of /mod/quiz/report/group/locallib.php: call to mysqli_native_moodle_database->insert_record()
line 200 of /mod/quiz/report/group/locallib.php: call to create_groupattempt_from_attempt()
line 137 of /mod/quiz/report/group/report.php: call to dispatch_grade()
line 97 of /mod/quiz/report.php: call to quiz_group_report->display()
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Beth Wojcik -
Hi Joseph,

I'm trying to learn how to use the Group Quiz plugin. I'm really stumped on this one ... I am using Moodle 3.8.6 and can't seem to get the group quiz grades applied to all the group participants when I click the apply grades button. I have my groups created and then create a quiz, take the quiz and see the grade, but I can't get the grades to then populate to the others in the group. I've tried and researched everything I can. I'm not totally ready to give up, but I am pulling my hair out. Any Help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
In reply to Beth Wojcik

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Are the groups in a grouping and has that grouping been applied to the quiz?
In reply to Emma Richardson

by Beth Wojcik -

Emma,

Thanks for the response!  Yes.  I finally turned on debugging and have found an error with the "userid" not having a default value.  No clue which userid it's referring to.  Have you used the group quiz plugin successfully?