Removing student from cohort - permission denied error

This forum post has been removed

Number of replies: 4
The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
In reply to Deleted user

Re: Removing student from cohort - permission denied error

by Randy Thornton -
Picture of Documentation writers
One possible way is to have a new cohort that just does the role sync and is never used to do enrolment in courses. Your students who use the Self-enrolment would be added to this and synced to the role, but this Cohort would not do enrolments.

I think the Ulm plugin will let you create a new rule using the same profile field and and then put it in a second cohort. Or perhaps it would be better to have a second profile field. The plugin's rule set is pretty robust.

In fact, separating out the role and enrolment into two cohorts for everyone might make this easier in any case if you have to do a lot of exceptions like this across categories. But that would be a lot of reconfiguring if these cross category students are very few.
In reply to Randy Thornton

In reply to Deleted user

Re: Removing student from cohort - permission denied error

by Randy Thornton -
Picture of Documentation writers
Raymond

Exactly. You see what I was thinking about. I think it should work and that the permissions should not interfere. Usually the lower context permission, in this case the course one where the user is Self-enrolled, should override the higher level permission from the category. (The one case where it does not is if the higher level permission is set to Prohibit, then it will override the lower one). But of course, it depends on the exact set up of the roles.

But you get the basic idea: to separate our the role from the enrolment.
In reply to Randy Thornton