The Navigation block is missing from my Dashboard

The Navigation block is missing from my Dashboard

by kk Sal -
Number of replies: 3

Hello!
I am using Moodle 3.9 and the Lambda theme.

The Navigation block used to show up on the Dashboard and the front page. While trying to remove the Navigation block from the front page, it affected the Dashboard and now I can't see the Navigation block on the Dashboard as well.

I am working on this however, I can't see the "Any page" option in the drop-down list under the "Where this block appears" section.
I would greatly appreciate your help to solve this problem.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to kk Sal

Re: The Navigation block is missing from my Dashboard

by Jon Bolton -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
You're trying to add it to a page in the site administration area - so from there you can only it to the current page or other site admin pages.

1. Go to the front page
  2. Add the Navigation block
  3. In the "Where this block appears" section, choose "Any page"
  4. In the "On this page" section, choose "Visible > No"
So the Navigation blocks will then appear on every page apart from the front page.
In reply to Jon Bolton

by kk Sal -

Hi Jon!
Thank you for your response.

I navigated to the front page (Site Administration --> Front Page). The Navigation Block is not shown here and I can not add it manually.

I also tried (Site Administration --> Front Page --> Front Page Settings). The Navigation Block is shown here but I still cannot see the "Any Page" option.

I will appreciate any next steps I can take from here.
Thank you once again. 

In reply to kk Sal

by Jon Bolton -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

You need to go to the actual front page/ home page. NOT the site administration page settings for front page.

Go to yourmoodle.com - if you have editing on, you should be able to add the block.