Course Completion - wrong %

Course Completion - wrong %

by Jacek Rapacz -
Number of replies: 1

Hi!

I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

I have a course with 10 activities with defined completion conditions (students mark, grade, etc.).
I go to "Administration \ Course Administration \ Course Completion".
I mark 4 quizzes (1 correct answer, 1 approach, required grade to pass) as elements counted for the completion of the course.
I do not mark anything else.

So I would expect that by completing the above-mentioned 4 quizzes, I would achieve 100% completion of the course. Meanwhile, I am reaching 40%. As if the completion of the course was based on all 10 activities in the course, and not only on the activities that I select in "Administration \ Course Administration \ Course Completion".

Am I missing something? Am I doing something wrong? Can it be some Moodle bug?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jacek Rapacz

Re: Course Completion - wrong %

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Jacek,

You're not doing anything wrong, it's just that the percentages relate only to the percentage of activities with activity completion set that have been completed. The percentages do NOT relate to course completion.

Unfortunately, making the percentages relate to course completion is far from simple, as discussed in MDL-67890.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)