Feature request

Feature request

by Yvonne Verweij -
Number of replies: 5

Hi!

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but I was wondering if in Moodle 5 there is going to be more options for copying and pasting content? For example, I am currently building a personality quiz in a H5P format and it would be a lot easier if I could duplicate the answers for each question. The same goes for multiple choice questions in general. My organisation often uses the multiple choice format for asking people to reflect on their opinions on certain topics, so each question has the same answer options: from strongly agree to strongly disagree.

If this is not the right place for feature requests like this, please let me know! I'd be happy to place it elsewhere.  Thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Yvonne Verweij

Re: Feature request

by Joost Elshoff -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Hi Yvonne,
If you're waiting for Moodle 5, that'll take some years... Moodle 4 is due Q4-2021 and a lot of development is going into a complete UX / UI overhaul of the platform. If you're using an up to date version of Moodle (3.9 or later), you'd be able to copy-paste H5P content in the Content Bank (Inhoudsbank) between H5P objects.

For the questions in a question bank: why wouldn't you create a master question bank category containing all templates of question types you frequently use and then duplicate a type of question from it's template?
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Joost Elshoff

by Yvonne Verweij -
Thanks for your response, Joost! Moodle 4 is what I meant, apparently I'm living in the future. smile
It's my understanding that the question bank can't be used for every workform, only for a quiz format. Are there more workforms where I can use the question bank?
I'm excited for Moodle 4 and start using its new UX/UI features.

by Gemma Lesterhuis -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi Yvonne,

Do you know the options in Moodle where you can import activities from a different course into another course? Or that you can duplicate activities in a Moodle course?

If your feature request is based on H5P as you mentioned. This article might help you https://h5p.org/reuse-h5p-content
It also works with the Moodle core H5P, since you can download and import this back in the H5P core content bank.

Within H5P you also have a copy/paste button in the editor that you can use, and helps you within the contenttype itself.

As for the question bank: I would suggest you check out the discussion in https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=417599
There is a community project going on to implement this in Moodle 4.0 which is focussed on a better way to manage and reuse questions that are made in the Moodle questionbank.

Greetings
Gemma

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Yvonne,

You write "I am currently building a personality quiz in a H5P format". Are you aware that the H5P Personality Quiz is extremely limited? Have you thought of using the Personality feature of the Moodle Questionnaire (contributed) plugin instead?

Joseph