Custom administrator roles

Custom administrator roles

by olivier dechepy -
Number of replies: 2

From the Moodle administration i see there seem to be only one type of "administrator".

I ask this question from a security/fonctionnality point of view:

I was wondering if there is any native way to have several kind of administrator : 

- We would like to have of course a classic administrator, but it would be very useful to have 

• someone managing ONLY the themes (Presentation tab) : our dedicated graphic designer for instance
  • someone managing ONLY the Users (User tab) : several secretaries in differents departments
  • someone managing ONLY the courses/categories (Course tab) : one or more managers
  • or even some finer role, inside a tab.

For now the administrators have to do all these stuff, with the risk that some with the role may break things if they are ask to intervene on some part they don't master, and do not have the capacities to revert their action.

The advantage of of several level/kind of admin would be multiple.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to olivier dechepy

Re: Custom administrator roles

by Bryce E. Maryott -
I actually need a role that allows someone to view and export logs.
In reply to Bryce E. Maryott

Re: Custom administrator roles

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

How about editing the manager role and adding or removing capabilities until you have what you want?