Tutoring through Moodle - best set up help!

Tutoring through Moodle - best set up help!

by Rebecca Ogrady-Marshall -
Number of replies: 5

Hi everyone,

I want to look at tutoring through Moodle, one to one or one to many. Preferably video tutoring.

I know I can connect with BBB and chats, but I really want to be able to put time availability, book a time, connect with a student or a group and also add e-commerce, so that this can be additional to the course.

I also want to be able to future proof this so that more than one trainer can be available for a booking.

Does anyone do this currently, what's your set up & if you use a plug in what is the plug in?

I'd love to find out what works & is quite simple/straightforward!

Thank you for any suggestions!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rebecca Ogrady-Marshall

Re: Tutoring through Moodle - best set up help!

by James Steerpike -
I find the greatest strength of Moodle is the ability to create an activity which can be used by thousands of students. Students can learn, check their progress and chat with others all without direct teacher involvement.
How many students will use the activity you created? How many times can you reuse the material in the future?
There can be a lot of work in setting up Moodle and creating resources. Unless you have lessons you must teach over and over again, I think Moodle is a poor fit for one on one video learning.
In reply to James Steerpike

Hi James,
Thanks for your reply. I already have courses, activities etc set up and students and trainers and other support people on the platform.
What I'm after is also utilising Moodle for tutoring (as well as course delivery).
Def keen to hear any input you have for setting up Moodle for tutoring (as described above).

* I'm thinking BBB and scheduling plugins may be the way to go, but I also want to integrate ecommerce. I'm also not sure of the best plugins to use as there seem to be various ways of making appointments for different trainers and then making it available to just that/those enrolled students.

by Derek Chaplin -
Hi Rebecca,

You might want to have a look at these plugins to see if they fit your needs:
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Derek Chaplin

Thanks Derek, they both look really useful, both with pros and cons. I'll explore these options and see what may work best.

Have you used either?

by Derek Chaplin -
Hi Rebeca, No I have not used either one.