HotPot Crosswords

HotPot Crosswords

by Deb Burdick-Hinton -
Number of replies: 3
I would like to create a crossword puzzle with HotPot and have the students grades added to my gradebook. Has anyone done this. I see that you can add a Hot Potatoes Quiz but was not sure if this applied to all the other type of Hot Potatoes features. Appreciate any input you have. This looks like a dynamite tool!
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Deb Burdick-Hinton

Disregard-HotPot Crosswords

by Deb Burdick-Hinton -
Answered my own question. Worked like a charm. The only thing I am bummed about is you have to build your own crossword grid. Too bad you can not just enter all your words and it automatically builds it for you. I thought it used to do this but maybe that was a different program. Therefore will probably use an alternate program to generate the grid and then build the grid in Hot Pot. If anyone has used this a bunch I would love any tips, tricks or advice you have.
In reply to Deb Burdick-Hinton

Re: Disregard-HotPot Crosswords

by John Rodgers -
Last time I used the hot potato crossword maker, It did the grid building for me and even thought about it very carefully.  Hmmmm.  Look around for a button to do it for you.
In reply to John Rodgers

Re: Disregard-HotPot Crosswords

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Yes, John's right. Open JCross, then from the "Manage Grid" menu, select "Automatic Gridmaker". Enter the words and hit the "Make the Grid" button.