Custom thank you page after enrolment

Custom thank you page after enrolment

by Uzi Web -
Number of replies: 12

Hello,

I want users to be redirected to a certain page after they are enrolled. To show an introduction and track these users with my analytics software. Is this possible to do?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Uzi Web

Re: Custom thank you page after enrolment

by Adam Jenkins -
Picture of Plugin developers
To thank them and show an introduction, perhaps user tours would suit your needs (Site Administration > Appearance > User Tours). Also works with my analytics software.
In reply to Adam Jenkins

by Uzi Web -
Thank you. Any advice or documantation regarding user tours?
In reply to Adam Jenkins

by Uzi Web -
Hmm, I checked it out, but it's not really what I am looking for. This is basically highlighting the different elements of the page. I actually want some sort of in between page between enrolling and the actual course so I can give information, add a specific analytics code and more.
In reply to Uzi Web

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Moodle already tracks what students click on. Have you considered exploring Moodle's database tables?
In reply to Rick Jerz

by Uzi Web -
Yeah, I think the main issue I have is the welcome / thank you page I want to implement after enrolment. But I cannot find anything regarding this subject. It must be that i am not the only one that needs this?
In reply to Uzi Web

by Rick Jerz -
If you are using self-enrollment, Moodle automatically sends an email that you can somewhat customize.
In reply to Rick Jerz

by Uzi Web -

I understand, and I did that, but I want a custom thank you page on the website itself.

In reply to Uzi Web

by Rick Jerz -
Okay, let's see. Your student self-enrolls and they get an emailed "thank-you." They click on the course, and are in. You seem to want to thank them again once they are in, and perhaps want them to click on the additional thank-you to put this additional thank-you away. And you want the closing of this additional message to be logged somewhere so that your analytics knows that the student is in, which Moodle already knows from the logstore table. If I was the student, I would be a little disturbed having to read and click on a thank-you page. If I happened to be a smart student who knows something about Moodle, I would be a bit disturbed, and would probably say "You already know that I am into Moodle, why do you keep bothering me?"
In reply to Rick Jerz

by Uzi Web -

I understand your thinking, but for my website it is actually logic to have a thank you page before the actual contents of the course. I appreciate you thinking with me but I just want to know if this is possible or not.

In reply to Uzi Web

by Rick Jerz -
I do not think your custom "Thank-you" page is built into Moodle. But this is not to say that it cannot be done. Adam provided one idea for you.

As another idea, you could make the very first item in Topic 0 be "Welcome to this course." This could be a Moodle page or a link to an external URL. You might even be able to set this up so that the student must click on it in order to do anything else in the course (conditional activities.) But it appears that you prefer to have this Welcome web page automatically open itself when the student first enters a course, probably being closed by the student when they click on an "okay" button or something like that.

When desires are not totally logical, these desires tend to not be included in standard products, meaning Moodle. But Moodle is open-source, and you might be able to figure out a way, or hire someone to do the coding for you.

You should browse Moodle's Tracker site to see if someone else has already requested this feature that you desire.

In reply to Rick Jerz

by Uzi Web -
Thank you for your reply. I will check my other options and or see if someone can make a plugin that adds this functionality.
In reply to Rick Jerz

by Uzi Web -
I think your solution that you can have a first topic to be Welcome a good solution. Is it a possibility to have it auto deleted / hidden so that the user can only open it once?