Moodle Tags reporting

Moodle Tags reporting

by Emily Fetick -
Number of replies: 0

I am sort of stuck with a project that our university is trying to accomplish. We use Moodle for all of our assessments in our pharmacy program. Our dean really wants to generate a report that looks at how well students do on these assessments as they relate to specific standards in pharmacy. We have initially hypothesized that his could be accomplished by using the Moodle tag feature. We are essentially adding tags to all the questions in quiz activity. We are hoping to be to create a report that looks like this:

Course-level Reports 

A course-level report shows all tags (only tags present in the current course?) from the course with roll-up data for all students. This report should also incorporate a user filter which lets the data be filtered to an individual student. 

Tag 

Correct Pts 

Max Pts 

Correct % 

Tag 1 

Tag 2 

Tag 3 

From the course-level tag roll-up, each tag name links to a breakout of the selected tag across all Quiz activities in that course 

Tag 1 

Course 

Correct Pts 

Max Pts 

Correct % 

Quiz A 

Quiz B 

Quiz C 

So far we have achieved a query that will get us a report that shows all the tags for a particular quiz as a column and the rows are the students. And that is a good start but where I am getting stuck is we obviously need the student data to determine the vales but I don't want to actually have them appear in the table. I am happy to respond with the query that we are already using if that would be helpful!

Thank you all, and I would really appreciate any help!

I am linking the query that I am currently usingThis is the query from the moodle documentation that we are trying to manipulate to meet our needs.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I know that there is a lot in the Moodle Tracker on this but has any progress been made?!?

Average of ratings: -