How to change a language for particular course?

How to change a language for particular course?

by mikke augustin -
Number of replies: 1
I have tried the course setting Force language but again i cannot not revert it back to english. How to avail the course in both languages. But dont want to use the site wide language filter functionality. Is there any option to show for end user particular language change. 
Average of ratings: -
In reply to mikke augustin

Re: How to change a language for particular course?

by Michael Milette -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Gopi,

In order to show a course in multiple languages:

• You must have language packs installed for each language.
  • You must have the appropriate multi-language filter installed and enabled. I recommend the Multi-Language Content v2 plugin as it is easier to work with the plain text {mlang} tags but you could use the one bundled with Moodle which uses HTML span tags.
  • The course content must be tagged for each language. The content is not automatically translated for you when you switch language.
  • In cases where you cannot use language filter tags, you can use the Restriction by language plugin. This is useful for things like files, folders and URL type activities where you cannot use language tagging.
  • Force language should NOT be used unless your course is only available in one language on a muti-language enable Moodle site. This feature does not forces the language of the course but the language of the Moodle user interface which in turn can also display the course in the same language.

Assuming you have your Moodle site and your course already setup for multi-language support, switching Moodle's UI language should also change the language of the content of your course.

You can force the language of Moodle by adding a lang=xx (where xx is a supported language on your Moodle site) to the URL of your course. This can be useful if you want to give someone a direct link to your course in a specific language.

Hope you find something helpful in all of this.

Best regards,

Michael

Average of ratings: Useful (3)