Customize logs from logstore (standard & live)

Customize logs from logstore (standard & live)

by Alberto Promimpresa -
Number of replies: 2

Hi

The standard logs (inside the course) is not as useful as it could be. The biggest problem is that the log gives the "full user name" that isn't unique. There are some field that for me are really unnecessary, such as "origin".

I need this logs with username (or mail) and idnumber (we use fiscal code for this): I've tried with the plugins but without success. I've tried to manipulate "table.logs.php" and "index.php" under "reports" folder but without success: I've tried to add a field (idnumber) and even substitute "origin" with "idnumber" or "username" or "email", still any success.

Can anyone help me?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Alberto Promimpresa

Re: Customize logs from logstore (standard & live)

by C Behan -
With configurable reports you could write a query and allow users with certain roles to access it via a block
In reply to Alberto Promimpresa

Re: Customize logs from logstore (standard & live)

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Moodle uses a relational database for all its data. You need to write SQL queries to get data to the format that you desire. The standard reports are configured for "average" information. SQL has been around for over 50 years, but it still requires someone who understands it. The "configurable reports" plugin, that C Behan mentions, is one of a variety of ways to create SQL. See List of SQL Contributed reports for examples.