Length of video recording

Length of video recording

by James Thomas -
Number of replies: 2

Good afternoon,

In the settings under RecordRTC, the timelimit for a video captured by clicking the video camera icon on the Atto HTML editor is 120 seconds. But I get a timeout message and am cutoff after 18 seconds. 

Can I have my other 102 seconds, somehow?

Thanks,

James

Average of ratings: -
In reply to James Thomas

Re: Length of video recording

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
There are two limit: There is a limit on time, which is not your problem.

But, also, anywhere in Moodle where files might be uploaded - and a recorded video is ultimately a file - there is a file size limit. I expect that recording is stopping when it hits that. Either the file size limit needs to be increased, or the quality reduced.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Tim Hunt

Re: Length of video recording

by James Thomas -
Thanks very much, Tim.

The RecordRTC says "120 seconds" but unfortunately does not tell the user that this is constrained by file size limit.
It has by default Audio (128000) and Video bitrates (2500000) but there is no information about upper and lower bitrates. So trial and error: I struck a zero off each of the default bitrates and all is good! I do wish Moodle would offer more help right where it is needed. There have been so many occasions in the last few months ...

Thanks again,

James